Boynton High School

Skip to main content
Picture of Boynton campus
Counseling » Education Options/Resources

Education Options/Resources

Camp Campbell/SVCTEC (Silicon Valley Career Technical Education Center) 

SVCTE (Silicon Valley Career Techincal Education Center)
Offers our students courses in many industry sectors where 11th and 12th grade students can learn technical skills in areas such as Automotive, Baking/Catering, Probation, Fire Science and Heating and Air Conditioning. Students are enrolled in SVCTE for a semester or an entire school year. They attend half days at Boynton and half days on the SVCTE campus.

Alternative School Options

CACE- Campbell Adult and Community Education 

West San Jose/Campbell: CACE- Campbell Center, 1224 Del Mar Ave., 408-626-3402

Students need to meet with the Guidance Counselor at Boynton first. If a student is under 18, parent permission is required to enroll at CACE for the GED or High School Diploma program. 

It is required that you sign-up to attend a GED Registration workshop before scheduling GED testing dates. You can sign-up online or by calling. Appointments are required, no walk-ins allowed.   It is required to bring valid government issued photo identification and payment to the GED Registration session. 

The GED Registration workshop will last 2 hours:

During the session you will: 1) Complete the GED Registration forms required by the GED Test Service in Washington, D.C. 2) Learn how to use the CASIO scientific calculator required when completing the math test, and 3) Become prepared to do your best in each test session.

High School Diploma 
The High School Diploma classes are for students to acquire skills in secondary basic subjects in mathematics, reading, history, geography science, government, English language arts, and all other courses leading to a high school diploma.

To register for the Adult High School Diploma Program, students must take an assessment test and meet with a counselor. Transcripts are required for counselor appointment. Call for more information and space availability.

California High School Proficiency Exam

You can earn the legal equivalent of a high school diploma by passing the CHSPE.
Minors who have a Certificate of Proficiency must also have verified parent/guardian permission to stop attending school.You may take the CHSPE only if, on the test date, you:

  • are at least 16 years old, or
  • have been enrolled in the tenth grade for one academic year or longer, or
  • will complete one academic year of enrollment in the tenth grade at the end of the semester during which the next regular administration will be conducted. (Regular administrations are the fall and spring administration each school year.)


San Jose Conservation Corps (408) 283-7171
At least 17 ½ (no age limit)
HS Diploma students welcome
Eligible to work in the US
At least 12th grade 

San Jose Job Corps Center
Job Corps provides youth with the chance to learn a trade and get a high school diploma or GED, and offers youth help in getting a job. 
Be 16 to 24 years of age, U.S. Citizen or legal resident, and meet income requirements.
3485 East Hills Drive San Jose, CA 95127 (408) 254-5627

If you have any questions contact Janel Holguin at or 408-626-3404