Financial Aid & Scholarship Information

Financial Aid/Scholarships

Free community college for students - All Community Colleges in California offer free tuition for the first year. Students must complete a FAFSA or Dream Act Application to qualify. Other requirements include minimum enrollment in 12 units and students must earn C or better in college classes. 

When should I file a FAFSA? In general, the amount of available aid is limited, so the best time to apply for it is as soon as possible. Currently, the soonest a FAFSA application can be filed with the Department of Education is on the October 1st preceding the academic year that you are requesting financial aid for. ** The opening of the applications is delayed from October 1 to December 2023

An academic year is the 12 months from July 1st to June 30th. For example, the 2023-2024 academic year begins July 1, 2023 and ends June 30, 2024.


Students who do not have a Social Security Number

The California Dream Act Application allows students interested in attending eligible California Colleges, Universities and Career Education Programs to apply for state financial aid. This application is unrelated to the federal Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

AB 469

Under new state law AB 469, high school seniors will be required to complete and submit either the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA) or an opt-out form.  



Scholarship websites

Cash for College                              
College Board                                 
California Student Aid Commission  
College View Financial Aid              
EOP-Educational Opportunity Program
Free College Scholarship Search     
Fast Web                                        
Latino College Dollars                       
United Negro College Fund            
Student Guide to Financial Aid        

The Country Woman's Club of Campbell, Kiwanis Club and Cully Plant scholarships are awarded to students every year. Students that are interested should speak to the Guidance Counselor, Mrs. Holguin.